Home Training Services Tools Facilities Company News


Front Window:
(Check in, Check out, Replacement badges, Registration questions):
Monday through Friday: 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.

Multimedia courses are self-paced and trainees may start any time between 6:00 am and 4:00 pm for most classes.
There is a 3:00 pm cut off time for longer classes. Check the Catalog for other class times.

Front Window:
(Check in, Check out, Replacement badges, Registration questions):
Monday through Friday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Multimedia courses are self-paced and trainees may start any time between 7:00 am and 3:00 pm from Monday through Friday for most classes.
There is a 2:00 pm cut off time for longer classes. Check the Catalog for other class times.

Nasa Annex is now offering:

  • Audiometric Testing (19AUDIO)
  • Medical Clearance for Respirator Use (19PFT)
  • Respirator Fit Testing (19FIT 1..6)
  • Respirator Training (19RESP, every weekday at 1:30 pm)
  • Supplied Air Training (19SUPAIR, every weekday at 1:30 pm)

Other Business:
(Accounting, Membership, Business Development, Training questions & special requests):
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.


What do I do if I have lost my HASC badge?

Answer: To get a replacement, bring proper ID to HASC check-in window. The charge is $10.00.

I've lost my ID. Can I still come to class?

Answer: We require State or Government issued picture ID (US Drivers License or Identification Card, US Military ID, Department of Corrections Card, or International Passport).

My employee's badge does not show the classes he just took there yesterday.

Answer: While we make every effort to process your personnel correctly, occasionally someone will leave the council with an incorrect badge. This is something that we cannot correct over the phone. Your employee will need to return and have his badge remade. Before sending him back, please verify with Customer Service that he actually took and passed the course in question.

I was supposed to come in for training this morning but missed class. Can you reschedule me?

Answer: HASC, Inc. registrations will be considered active for 3 days or until they are cancelled by the registering company. Note that HASC, Inc. does not charge for ‘No-Shows’. If you will not be able to attend class for more than the 3 days of alloted time your company will have to resubmit the registration.

Special requests and by appointment courses

Some courses are not held regularly, but are available by appointment for a minimum of 5 students. In addition, courses can be arranged outside of regular business hours when needed. Please contact the Training Department for information on setting up special classes.

Do you take credit cards?

Answer: Yes. HASC now accepts MASTERCARD, VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS AND DISCOVER CARD for payment. Contact the Accounting Department for more information.

Can you tell me how long my employees were at the council testing?

Answer: Unfortunately, our system does not show the actual time the employee checked in or the time they checked out. You can only estimate the time spent here by the number of classes completed and the minimum testing time for each of those classes. Multimedia classes are self-paced, so although there is a minimum completion time for all CBT courses, the time will vary with each individual.

How often do we need to take this training?

Answer: Most of the training offered here at the Council is renewable annually, with the expiration date stated on the Council ID badge.

What kind of certification do we get by taking this training?

Answer: The only training here that involves certification is CPR, HAZWOPER and DOT. We also offer the OSHA 10 hour General and Construction Industry Outreach Course and the 30 hour Construction Industry Outreach Course and the trainee will recieve a card from OSHA stating they have completed the course. The remainder of safety training courses and site-specific courses are on an awareness level only. Your employee is issued an HASC picture ID badge showing name, social security number, the course code, expiration date and test method.

How can I tell if I need 24 or 40-hour HAZWOPER?

Answer: Per OSHA Compliance Encyclopedia, OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e) Training (3) Initial training.

(i) General site workers (such as equipment operators, general laborers and supervisory personnel) engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities with exposure or potential exposure of workers to hazardous substances and health hazards shall receive a minimum of 40 hours of instruction off the site, and a minimum of three days actual field experience under the direct supervision of a trained experienced supervisor.

(ii) Workers on site only occasionally for a specific limited task (such as, but not limited to, groundwater monitoring, land surveying, or geophysical surveying) and who are unlikely to be exposed over permissible exposure limits and published exposure limits shall receive a minimum of 24 hours of instruction off the site, and the minimum of one day actual field experience under the direct supervision of a trained, experienced supervisor.

What if refresher training isn't received in 12 months?

Answer: If the date for refresher training has lapsed, the need to repeat initial training must be determined based on the employee's familiarity with safety and health procedures used on site. The employee should take the next availably refresher training course. "There should be a record in the employee's file indicating why the training has been delayed and when the training will be completed."

I have personnel who have an English comprehension problem. Can we send someone to help them with the test?

Answer: Per our owners, we are obligated to test according to their requirements. Please check the Site Requirements for testing requirements. Requirements are listed in the description for each Site Specific class on the Catalog page. Only plant representatives can make exceptions to these requirements. You must ask them to send a fax giving permission to test "with assistance" to HACSC prior to registering your personnel.

Do you offer training offsite?

Answer: Most of the classes we offer can be done at your site. The multimedia site-specific classes need special permission from the site representative in order to present the material in a classroom. There are special charges involved in offsite training, which would be explained when you make your request to the Training Department.

Do you have any study material we can use to prepare our employees for your safety tests?

Answer: There is now a study guide available for the ARSC Basic Safety Plus Course required by most plants. We do not furnish any material to prep your employees for testing here. There are several places that have excellent training material you can purchase for use in your safety training. Try your local U.S. Govt. Bookstore or OSHA office.

What is the best way to use the registration packet you just faxed me?

Answer: The best way is to start from the back and work forward. Check the site requirements in the back of the material to verify what courses your employees need in order to work at that particular location. Check your employee's current HACSC badge and schedule the training they will require. Use the course code list for correct codes and times to put on the registration form.
Be sure the registration form is complete, signed and legible, and fax it to 281-476-9936 by 4 p.m. of the day before you would like your employees to attend classes. Click here for registration forms available online.


ARSC member councils are councils whose training meets the standards set for certain non-site-specific courses such as Basic Plus. (Additional courses will be added in the future). These courses are transferable from one member council to another. Your employee does not have to retake a transferable course if he has passed the course within the year at an ARSC member council. For more information on ARSC and a list of member councils and transferable courses visit their website at http://www.arsc.net/ or click here to view an Adobe Acrobat document containing a list of ARSC councils and their reciprocal class codes.

My employees have Basic Plus or Confined Space from another council. Will you accept this card?

Answer: Yes, provided your employee can present a current ID badge showing this training from another ARSC member safety council. Please have your student bring their badge showing the training with them to HASC.

What councils accept your Basic Plus?

Answer: All ARSC member councils accept our Basic Plus and any other transferable course. For more information on ARSC and a list of member councils and transferable courses visit their website at http://www.arsc.net/ .

What OSHA requirements are covered in the ARSC Reciprocal Basic Plus and Basic Plus Refresher courses?

Answer: The ARSC Reciprocal Basic courses help contractors meet a number of OSHA safety training requirements. ARSC has prepared a document to illustrate the relationship between OSHA mandates, your responsibilities and Basic Plus course content. Click here to open the document in Adobe Acrobat file format . Visit the Adobe web site to download Acrobat if you don't already have it.